School Development Planning
We aim for everyone in our school to be happy, successful, confident and responsible learners who aspire to be the best they can be.
Our learning values of independence, collaboration and creativity develop:
Independent learners – children are encouraged to: be confident, think for themselves, take risks, persevere, ask questions, make decisions, solve problems, make connections and communicate their ideas.
Collaborative learners – children are encouraged to: communicate, listen, co-operate and work together as a team with equal responsibility and with clear roles. They are responsible for both their own learning and that of their team members.
Creative learners – the children are encouraged to question and challenge. They will make connections and see relationships, envisaging what might be, exploring ideas and keeping options open, reflecting critically on ideas, actions and outcomes.
School Development Priorities
1. To further develop the inspiring curriculum which meets the needs of all learners and is firmly embedded across the school.
2. High quality teaching and learning ensures ambitious outcomes are met in Maths and English.
3. All leaders are effective and efficient and have an outstanding knowledge of the school.
4. Expectations in early years will be high and all children will make good progress from their starting points.
1. Everyone in the school will have high expectations so that children make good progress towards the government target of 85% in core subjects
2. Teaching and learning will be consistently high across the school so that our ambitious outcomes are met
3. The leaders of the school have a clear understanding of the strengths and areas for development of the school and take effective action to address these
4. Expectations in the Early years will be high and all children will make good progress
5. Governors have a good understanding of the school so they are able to hold leaders to account.