The role of a school governor is demanding but very rewarding. Individuals are appointed on the basis of their ability to contribute to the work of the Board and come from a wide range of backgrounds including business and education.
Our Governing Body is made up of;
- 4 Parent Governors; parents of children at the school, elected by parents at the school
- 4 Co-opted Governors; members of the local community appointed by the governing body to ensure there is a broad range of skills and experience within the team
- 1 LA Governor; nominated by the Local Education Authority
- A Staff Governor and the Headteacher.
A Common Goal
We all share one common goal; we are all deeply committed to the success and well-being of the children at Castle Cary Primary School.
The governing body work together to;
- Ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Hold the Head teacher to account for the educational performance of the school, staff and its pupils
- Oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent
The full Governing Body hold five meetings a year. Please click on the links below to access specific documents related to the governing body members and full governing body meetings.
If you would like to see a copy of the minutes from our Governing Body Meetings please request a copy from the school office.
There are currently three committees which meet on a termly basis:
- Learning & Achievement Committee
- Personnel & Wellbeing Committee
- Resources Committee